Giving - Support ICS
As part of our strategy to be a premier international school ICS Addis is cultivating a climate of philanthropy which will enable us to secure financial resources outside of tuition in order to continue to innovate. New funds will come from creating a sustainable fundraising program that engages all stakeholders - alumni, current and past parents, corporate partners and friends.
Giving to ICS gives the different members of our community an opportunity to contribute to the current and future success of the school. The impact of the donations we receive contributes towards improving the learning environment as well as the skills and abilities of more than 830 current ICS students as well as future generations of ICS students.
Reasons to Give:
- Show appreciation to ICS for its role in shaping your life or your children's lives
- Support a specific program or project at the school
- Leave a legacy for the benefit of the ICS community
We appreciate your generous support and value your dedication to making ICS Addis a premier international school in Ethiopia.
Contribute funds to the ICS Scholarship Endowment While Shopping on Amazon.com!
The ICS Addis Ababa Education Foundation (IAAEF) has partnered with the AmazonSmile Foundation in the US. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of all eligible purchases on Amazon.com to IAAEF, for anyone that shops on Amazon.
It is very simple to do. When shopping online, instead of going to amazon.com, simple go to https://smile.amazon.com/ and register "International Community School Of Addis Ababa Education Foundation" as your charity of choice and shop away. On smile.amazon, you will have access to all the same products and services as you would on the amazon.com site, only now 0.5% of your eligible purchases will be donated by AmazonSmile to our ICS Scholarship Endowment through our Education Foundation. AmazonaSmile does not charge any administrative fees or take any deduction from the donation amount, and there is no cost to you or to IAAEF to participate.
So the next time you do a little online shopping, you can donate to the ICS Scholarship Endowment.
The International Community School of Addis Ababa Education Foundation (ICSAAEF), was founded to foster a continuing spirit of support for quality international education by providing financial and other assistance.
The mission of the ICSAAEF is to support educational initiatives at international schools with a particular interest in initiatives taking place at the International Community School of Addis Ababa though long-term investment.
ICS and ICSAAEF are working to establish the first endowment for the ICS Merit Scholarship Program. More endowments and programs will be established through the ICSAAEF as needed.
Main goals of the Foundation
- To provide long-term investment of money raised for ICS. The foundation is a mechanism to receive gifts and donations from our community and then grow the money through investment vehicles.*
- To allow US citizens employed at ICS Addis to contribute to the US social security system and Medicare.
- To provide 401K retirement investment options for US citizens employed at ICS Addis.
* The money raised would be held in investment vehicles (stocks, bonds, CDs, etc.) an investment firm acting as an investment consultant to the ICSAAEF. Once the investment vehicles reach a specified goal level, the money generated from the growth or interest or dividends would be sent back to ICS to use for the scholarship program only.
Relationship with ICS
ICS Addis will lead the planning and implementation of fund raising and the ICSAAEF will provide investment opportunities through US financial institutions to grow the funds raised.
- The ICSAAEF is run by a board of trustees and the board shall have at least three trustees in addition to the ICS Head of School and ICS Addis Board Chair who are ex officio members.
- The three trustees may not be employees or board members of ICS Addis but it is recommended that any future ICSAAEF trustees be former ICS Addis board members, head of school, principal or other former leaders of ICS Addis because they understand the culture of the school and have been in leadership positions.
- The new trustees will be nominated and selected by the current trustees. The initial trustees were named in the initial articles of incorporation (Brad Anderson, Jim Laney and Deirdre Simon).
- The Trustees will meet at least twice a year.
For more information on the Foundation, contact our Advancemet department at email@example.com