Pamoja Online IB Courses
As an effort to provide balance and diversity in the course offerings for the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP), ICS provides the IBDP students in grade 11 and 12 with an online learning opportunity through Pamoja Online courses. These courses are fully approved by the IB Organization and enable students to qualify for the IB Diploma. The main aim of these courses is to support the IB initiative of increasing the global access to the IB Diploma. Therefore, it provides students with opportunities to pursue courses that are not offered on site at ICS.
All Pamoja Online IB courses are:
- delivered over one or two years
- developed and taught by experienced IB teachers who have been specially trained in online pedagogy
- subject to the IB's rigorous online course approval standards
- designed to ensure students master the curriculum and develop 21st century learning skills
- offered in classes of 10 to 25 students from around the world, providing a highly interactive and truly international online IB experience
- fully recognized in fulfillment of IB Diploma requirements or as individual IB courses
For year 2016 to 2018, students can take any Pamoja course unless we offer that subject as a taught course. Specifically, the following courses are available this year:
1. Business Management SL/HL
2. Economics SL/HL
3. ITGS SL/HL
4. Psychology SL/HL
5. Film Studies SL
Students are required to take a total of six IB Courses to fulfill the IB Diploma requirements. For ICS students, only one course out of the six can be an online course. All the details regarding the online learning requirements and the course guides for each subject can be accessed at www.pamojaeducation.com
If you are interested in taking a Pamoja Online course, read the policies, requirements and expectations below and then fillout the Academic Application and Personal Application along with your parent(s).
In order to take an online course at ICS, you must meet certain conditions:
- You need to be able to work independently.
- You must be responsible about meeting deadlines.
- You must have access to a computer and to the Internet.
- You should be comfortable with working on the web, uploading and downloading files.
- You must understand and agree to ethical behavior in an online learning community.
To show evidence that you meet these requirements and are able to be successful in an online course, you must submit the following:
- An agreement form filled out by you and by your parents
- The online course admissions fee US$300. The fee can be paid to the school's Business Office/cashier. Deadline for payment is 2 May, 2017 (The $300 admissions fee will be refunded upon payment of year two fees.)
- If you chose to complete a Pamoja Extended Essay there is an additional fee of $175.
First Academic year: September 2016 through June 2017
- First Semester: 9 September 2016 through 23 December 2016
- Second Semester: 13 January 2017 through 1 June 2017
Second Academic year: September 2017 to April 2018
- First Semester: 7 September 2017 through 21 December 2017
- Second Semester: 11 January 2018 through 19 April 2018
Pamoja’s Annual Tuition Fee per student for year 1 in SY2016-17: US$ 1230.00*.
Pamoja's Annual Tuition Fee Per student for year 2 in SY2017-18: US$ 1230.00.
*Included in this amount is the US$300 admission fee. This is refundable after two years. The full amount of $1230.00 is payable with your ICS tuition in August 2016.
Before 29 August 2016, if a family informs ICS of a withdrawal from the course, a full refund (including registration fee) can be obtained.
From 29 August – 7 October 2016, if a family informs ICS of a withdrawal from the course, the Pamoja’s tuition ONLY can be refunded.
After 7 October, if a family informs ICS of a withdrawal from the course, there is no refund of any expense.
For Year 2 students, you must notify ICS of any cancelation before 1 June and you will not have a penalty. If you notify ICS of any cancelation after 1 June, there is a $300 penalty.
If you wish to transfer to another course you can do so at anytime.
If you transfer before 7 October, there is no fee.
If you transfer after 7 October, a $600USD fee will apply.
- Students are expected to actively and independently participate in their enrolled course(s). In cases where students are unable to complete assignments on time (e.g. due to illness), they should be excused by their SBC (Site-Based Coordinator) through written communication to the Course Teacher.
- Pamoja Education reserves the right to warn students after an unexcused absence of one (1) week and to place students on Academic Warning after an unexcused absence of two (2) weeks.
- Students on Academic warning will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, in consultation between the SBC, the school’s Diploma Programme Coordinator and the Principal of Pamoja Education.
- Pamoja Education reserves the right to expel students for: continued unexcused absence while on Academic Warning; or unethical behavior; or immoral behavior.
- Students are required to complete all assignments and assessment throughout the year, incluiding mid-year exams.
(All policies derived from Pamoja’s Admission Application form) http://www.pamojaeducation.com/