What is Advancement?
Technically, advancement is a strategic and integrated method of managing relationships to increase understanding and support among key constituents. In regular language, the Advancement department brings together public relations, alumni relations, community relations, and fundraising that promotes and advances the mission and vision of ICS.
The goals of the Advancement department are to:
- Secure private financial support from potential donors committed to the advancement of ICS
- Engage alumni in the life of ICS as volunteers, advocates and supporters
- Promote or market ICS to prospective students, their parents and others
- Communicate about ICS with those who have a stake in its success, including community members, business leaders, government officials, the press and others
Our main functions are as follows:
- Alumni Relations: to build and strengthen relations with former students, faculty, friends and others:
- Build life-long relationships with alumni in support of the institution ICS
- Facilitate two-way communication between the ICS and alumni
- Leverage a powerful alumni voice on behalf of ICS
- Maintain history and traditions and help secure a bright future for the ICS
- Conduct strategic programs designed to engender understanding and support for ICS and its goals
- Manage ICS reputation and responses to issues that might affect it
- Fundraising: secure private support in the form of annual gifts, major gifts, planned gifts and corporate and foundation gifts, often through strategically developed fundraising campaigns.
- Secure private support that will help the ICS achieve its goals
- Build and steward relationships with potential and current donors, including alumni, community members, corporations, foundations, trustees, faculty and staff, parents and current students and others
- Work across ICS to identify the need for private support and ensure that gifts are used according to the donors' intent
- Manage and analyze relevant data regarding donors, gifts and giving trends
The Advancement department facilitates the Annual Fund and puts on alumni events as well as International Day and the Merit Scholarship Gala.